Saturday, July 19, 2008

Stockdale Mill

I met one of the owners of the newly renovated Stockdale Mill, near Trenton and Frankford, Ontario, at an opening of a Quinte Arts Council Show. She invited me to bring some of my paintings for her to see with a view to putting them in her new art gallery and restaurant. So I took a few along yesterday and she agreed to take them on a commission basis, along with some cards.

I noticed that Peggy Holcroft also has some paintings on the wall there, including one of the old Mill. Apparently, old mill paintings are popular in this part of the world, which explains why I managed to sell one of Chisholm's Mill recently.

Anyway, check out the Stockdale Mill in a couple of weeks when it officially opens to the public. There will be a restaurant as well. The scenery is great for artists to paint, and the owner, Janet will be giving Yoga lessons and perhaps there will be art lessons as well.

No comments: