Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Stockdale Mill painting stage 3

Here I have brightened up the colours of the building and worked on the rocks and water in the foreground. I have also put some highlights and shadows in the background trees.

As usual I am in danger of overworking the painting and making it too realistic!

Problems still to fix:

The perspective of the red building is still off a bit. The eavestroughing seems to get wider as it receeds, instead of getting narrower.

I haven't finished painting the left side of the picture yet. I think it needs some red to balance the large area of red on the right, but I am not sure what to do, as in the original scene there is no red there.

I will add a little detail to the windows that still need panes, but I will just suggest the cross pieces lightly.

The dead grasses in the foreground do not show up enough so need more contrast relative to the rocks.

In th orginal painting the yellow sky looks more even than it came out in the photo.

No comments: