Sunday, April 18, 2010

Opening at Gallery 121 and the Belleville Art Association Gallery

Yesterday, I went to the joint opening of the Gallery 121 in Belleville, and the Belleville Art Association gallery. This was a special occasion, as both galleries are participating in a joint project that will award Art Scholarships to high school art students whose work is judged to be thebest. Each gallery will display two of the students' pieces for about a month at a time for the next few months.

The Parrott foundation have generously sponsored this program.

I didn't have my camera with me, and in any case, I would have needed the student's permission to publish them on this blog, so you wil just have to go and see it for yourselves.

They are all terrific!
I have to say that my favourite so far was one that was displayed in the window of the Belleville Art Association gallery, 392, Front Street. It apparantly took many hours of work to paint. It is a womans head surrounded by interesting three-D effect pyramids. The colours were very subtle.

No comments: