Saturday, March 22, 2008

A little more


I have done a bit more painting this morning. Added some more detail and texture to the cat, and put some modelling paste on the wool, then worked on it with a comb to give texture.I had tought of sticking on some real wool! What do you think?
I need to add more depth to the cat with added darks and lights, and I don't quite like the purple wool at the front. It is too bright and distracts you from the main subject - the cat. However, a complementary colour is needed - just not as bright. I may put some brown wool in the top right hand corner to balance the composition better. Maybe add some texture to the background.

2 comments:

CYNTHIA GUTHRIE said...

Your finished painting is wonderful! You captured the sense of twisted yarn in behind the cat and I liked that you changed the colouring of the skeins from purple to a lighter blue.

Clare said...

It's not quite finished yet!