Monday, May 12, 2008

Workshop at the Belleville Public Library



I was told that attendees really enjoyed my animal painting workshop at the weekend. There were 11 adults, one 12 year-old and a dog named "Maggie"present. Thank you MArg and Dave Ray for bring their Basset hound, Maggie to be the "sitter". The students learned how to draw cats, dogs and horses, and then spent the afternoon painting Maggie s portrait.
I learned that it is impossible to teach and paint at the same time, with the result that my painting did not resemble Maggie in the slightest! I went home and redid it.
Here it is.
Here is a collection of portraits-not finished yet- done by the students.
Many thanks to Susan Holland, curator of the John M Parrott gallery in the Belleville Public Library for letting us use the room.

No comments: